What is AgeingWorks?
AgeingWorks™ is the comprehensive solution for your working carers with eldercare responsibilities. Featuring an intuitive online portal with guides and webinars, you can tailor it to your business and use employee data to gather insights about their needs.
Many employers have programmes to support working parents, but struggle to address the increasing challenge of supporting working carers.
- 1 in 9 employees are working carers, forecast to increase by 50% to 1 in 6 employees within the next 15 years
- 1 in 5 working carers leave work due to care responsibilities, which impacts retention of talent and can drive up recruitment and training costs.
- £5 billion a year is the cost to the UK economy of carers giving up work to care - UK businesses lose a further £3.5 billion
Why Mercer AgeingWorks?
AgeingWorks builds on Mercer’s deep expertise in improving the wellness of employees and delivers an all-in-one package of consulting, digital employee support and engagement materials so that you can easily implement your own programme.
What Our Clients Say About AgeingWorks
“We know from talking to our employees that caring for ageing family members [is] complex and multi-faceted. As a forward looking organisation we continually strive to support our employees in new and relevant ways. Adding a programme specifically aimed at eldercare support and older workers to our employee support programme enables us to give our staff access to the professional advice and guidance they may need.”
Nupur Singh Mallick
HR Director UK & Ireland
Tata Consultancy Services
Carers Week Special Offer
Mercer AgeingWorks – free for the remainder of 2017 when you sign up before the 31 August 2017*
To make the most of your working carer support programme, contact your consultant or email us at email@example.com.
Mercer is delighted to support the 2022 One Million More older workers target - the initiative from Business in the Community and Government Business Champion for Older Workers. We’re encouraging our clients to ‘Commit & Publish’ as we work towards the target:
- Commit to collaborating with Business in the Community to reach the target, and;
- Publish the number and percentage of older workers in their workforce, creating transparency.
Find out more about the Commit & Publish initiative at: http://age.bitc.org.uk/BusinessChampion/Commitandpublish
*Terms & conditions apply. Existing AgeingWorks clients or clients who have previously trialled AgeingWorks are not eligible for the offer. Offer ends 31 August 2017 – a Letter of Engagement must be completed by this time which will include an annual fixed payment for consultation, in addition to the AgeingWorks portal licence fee. This portal licence fee is not payable until 1 January 2018, after which a minimum 12 month contract period applies.
1. Employers for Carers report, 2015: https://www.employersforcarers.org/
2. Carers Trust, 2017: https://carers.org/key-facts-about-carers-and-people-they-care
3. UK Carers Manifesto 2015: https://www.carersuk.org/for-professionals/policy/policy-library?task=download&file=policy_file&id=4907