See some of the competitive rewards we offer Mercer employees.
“Mercer colleagues around the world are working together to build strong, thriving communities."
Julio A. Portalatin, President and CEO, Mercer
Mercer colleagues make a difference in their communities through the Mercer Cares BRG, which harnesses our people’s passion for making a meaningful impact in their communities through volunteering.
Our Mercer Cares Business Resource Group
We are advocates for corporate social responsibility not just in the way we do business, but also in our commitment to helping our communities.
Mercer Cares is a signature global programme that supports and encourages colleague-driven volunteering in the communities where we live and work.
“Mercer Cares is successful because of teamwork. I’m grateful to work with a team of gifted, compassionate and dedicated people from all levels in the organisation who are eager to serve their communities and promote human kindness.” — Mercer Cares Chapter Co-Leader, Chicago
How Mercer Cares Makes a Difference
- Strategically Aligned Nonprofit Partnerships – In collaboration with Marsh & McLennan Companies, Mercer partners with select nonprofit organisations to create high-impact initiatives in the areas of education and disaster preparedness and recovery. Mercer is also a proud supporter International Red Cross and Red Crescent Network globally.
- Global Reach, Local Impact – Colleagues have access to year-round opportunities to participate in mentorship and other community-focused volunteering initiatives with our nonprofit partners and local organisations.
- Harnessing Personal Passion – Each year, Mercer colleagues dedicate thousands of volunteer hours to support an array of important initiatives including education, the environment, health and wellness, poverty alleviation, and veterans affairs.
- Dedicated Time Off to Volunteer – All colleagues may take one paid day off each year to volunteer in their communities.
- Recognition and Rewards – Colleagues who have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways are recognised and rewarded for their volunteer efforts through our Volunteer Recognition Programmes.
Global Volunteer Month
Each May, as a way to increase the impact of our year-round volunteering programme, Mercer Cares partners with our colleagues, our clients and our nonprofit partners to make a positive difference in our communities by volunteering together. In 2016, more than 1,900 Mercer colleagues in 110 cities around the world used their talents, time and passion to contribute 14,400 hours of service to the causes they care about. Download the full infographic to learn more about Global Volunteer Month.
Mercer Portugal helps rebuild a small village.
During the 2015 Global Volunteer Month, 109 Mercer colleagues in Portugal spent a day rehabilitating and renovating buildings in the small village of Canha, south of Lisbon, Portugal. Together with other volunteers from Marsh & McLennan Companies, they contributed over 1,000 volunteer hours.
Teams of colleagues joined Canha’s local authorities to restore and renovate the local church, public gardens, primary school, kindergarten, a small museum, and the local community house, where elderly people in the village meet to relax and socialise.
“This initiative was very important because Mercer helped improve the community’s quality of living and local infrastructures. It was also an extraordinary experience for us. It is incredible to see what we learn when we have the opportunity to interact with the local population.” — Diogo Alarcão, CEO of Mercer in Portugal
Mercer Cares In Action
Watch colleagues from our Mercer Portugal office transform a community center for children.
Simply put, we come to work because we want to make a difference in people’s lives. Join our Mercer family and start your own tomorrow, today.
Mercer offers many challenging and rewarding career paths for professional applicants.
Simply put, we come to work because we want to make a difference in people’s lives.
Ready to apply? Join our Mercer family and start your own tomorrow, today.
You’ll have access to a network of more than 6,000 Mercer colleagues around the world and be the first to know about Mercer’s latest innovations, culture change initiatives, job openings and more.